Saturday, March 19, 2016

About not going to school

I know it's not something most people my age would ever say (and I never thought I'd say it myself), but I kinda miss high school.
Ever since I dropped out last year, there hasn't been a single day when I haven't thought of my friends or even of some of my teachers.
I guess that's how life is: you have expectations based on what you believe is "normal" and you get disappointed when they don't materialize. I always thought I was going to go to college, meet a handsome guy, marry and have 2.5 children with him in a nice suburban home. I never "desired" those things, mind you. But it seemed to me like the "normal" path, the one that most women can expect to follow.
Now, I do not expect anything anymore. I stay home, take care of my mom and try to find stuff to do. Forget things that may happen in ten years' time. I don't even know what I'm going to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment